books and shoes

books and shoes

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Guest Book Take 2: A Vintage Library-Chic Guest Book

If you look at my previous post you see the first guest book I made. After making that I had this feeling that it wasn't "the" guest book for our wedding. We are going with some shabby chic images for our wedding, but I felt like I wanted to make the book a bit more chic on the outside, while the inside remains plenty shabby.

So eventually I came up with the new and improved guest book. Is it perfect? No. But I do like it more.

I used a strong corrugated cardboard, which I wrapped in a grey cotton fabric. For the band around the left side I used a fabric ribbon that has script words, that happen to be written in French and surrounded that by a black ribbon.

I put it together with the same rings I used in my previous guest book and then tied a shiny silver ribbon around the rings. On the ivory silk flower I have added a few gems as I have on the band, and  then added a jute center. The "Guest Book" tag is tea dyed to give it a vintage feel. Refer to my post Literary Love Confetti about tea dyed confetti hearts for more about tea dying.
 


Open up the guest book and you can see the library theme of the wedding in full bloom. These are library cards and pockets from a local school supply store. You can also get these on etsy, amazon, or other places online. I tea dyed these cards, but on places like etsy you buy library cards that already have a vintage look.
 


After guests open this guest book
they will take a card out & sign
their name, address, and anything
else they would like. This also
minimizes the line to sign the guest
book because people can spread
out and sign a different card at the
same time.

Before I made my cards I considered buying from few shops on Etsy which I have listed at the bottom of this page.

 Besides buying library cards on etsy I also considered buying a guest book on Etsy. While you can get a wedding guest book almost any place these days Etsy has many unique and personal ones. See below for examples.
 
 
 
Shops on Etsy for library cards:
 
Library Themed Wedding Guest Book:
bingingbee (this shop has lots of fun books to look at)
 
Custom made Vintage Guest Books:

No comments:

Post a Comment